Electronic Water Sensor
AFGUARD® Electronic Water Sensor (EWS) is leading in aviation fuel condition monitoring. The sensor provides the required assurance that every single litre of fuel delivered to the aircraft is monitored and prevents water from reaching the aircraft by triggering a deadman shut down when it detects water concentrations beyond the configured threshold. AFGUARD® can be used in conjunction with all aviation fuel filtration technologies at aircraft refueling.
The sensor is considered fail-safe and hazardous area (ATEX and IECEx) approved. AFGUARD® is qualified for use as an alternative to Chemical Water Detectors (CWD).
- Qualified to specification EI 1598 2nd Edition
- Accepted by Joint Inspection Group (JIG)
- Recommended by IATA Fuel Quality Pool (IFQP)
- The sensor system complies with the ISO 13849 standard
- Required in conjunction with EI 1599 Dirt Defence filter elements
- Recommended for use downstream of all filtration technologies to verify filter performance (PerformanceBasedFilterLife™)
Constant monitoring of aviation fuel quality
Cost-effective (cost savings on CWD)
Maximum accuracy through reliable sensor technology and traceable recertification
During fueling, the AFGUARD® provides real-time information on water concentration and will warn of elevated levels of free water in the fuel. The onboard memory storage not only allows for historical records of fueling but can also be configured to communicate real-time fueling information via the internet. Knowing the quality of your fuel is the key to enhanced aviation safety.
- Measurement range: 0 - 50 ppm
- Accuracy of the measurement range: +/- 3 ppm
- Linear analogue output signal: 4 to 20 mA
- Contact load DC: 16 - 30 V DC
- Hazardous area approvals (ATEX and IECEX): II 1 / 2G Ex ib [ia] IIB T4 II 1 / 2G Ex ia IIB T4Ex ia / ib IIB T4 Ga / GbEx ia IIB T4 Ga / GbII 3G Ex ic IIB TEx ic IIB T4 Gc
- Protection class: IP 67
- Operating temperature range: -30 to + 60 ° C (-22 ° F to 140 ° F)
- Storage temperature range: -30 °C to + 70 °C (-22 °F to 158 °F)
- Energy consumption: Max. 750 mW
- Maximum operating pressure: 16 bar
AFGUARD® EWS System Principle
AFGUARD® EWS System Installation
With the kind support of ACTEUS Group (www.acteusfueling.com). Copyright ACTEUS Group 2020.
Reduce redundancy and complexity. Increase operational efficiency.
The AFGUARD-ready® symbol indicates the ability of systems to provide a signal transfer between the EI 1598 AFGUARD® sensor and a logic controller. The requirements to receive input from a sensor qualified to EI 1598 are derived from JIG Technical Bulletin No. 130 with regard to alert, alarm and data storage function.
Leading international manufacturers offer AFGUARD-ready®-compatible logic controllers.
Function Check Module acc. to JIG Bulletin No. 110AFGUARD looptester
Logic Controller for Water SensorsContamination Control System gold
Bespoke Tool for Installing the AFGUARD®AFGUARD Torque Wrench
Safe Isolation of 4 ... 20 mA Standard Signal CircuitsBarrier