Electronic sensor for the detection of free water in aviation fuels. The AFGUARD® sensor is qualified for use as an alternative to Chemical Water Detectors (CWD). The AFGUARD ® is considered fail-safe and hazardous area (ATEX and IECEx) approved. The sensor system complies with the ISO 13849 standard.
- Qualified to specification EI 1598 2nd Edition
- Accepted by Joint Inspection Group (JIG)
- Recommended by IATA Fuel Quality Pool (IFQP)
- Required in conjunction with EI 1599 Dirt Defence filter elements
- Recommended for use downstream of all filtration technologies to verify filter performance
Eliminate uncertainties by installing AFGUARD® and be free to choose from the alternative filtration technologies as they become qualified and endorsed by JIG following field trial.
Constant monitoring of aviation fuel quality
Cost-effective (cost savings on CWD)
Maximum accuracy through reliable sensor technology and traceable certified calibrations
- Measurement range: 0 - 50 ppm
- Accuracy of the measurement range: +/- 3 ppm
- Linear analogue output signal: 4 to 20 mA
- Contact load DC: 16 - 30 V DC
- Hazardous area approvals (ATEX and IECEX): II 1 / 2G Ex ib [ia] IIB T4 II 1 / 2G Ex ia IIB T4Ex ia / ib IIB T4 Ga / GbEx ia IIB T4 Ga / GbII 3G Ex ic IIB TEx ic IIB T4 Gc
- Protection class: IP 67
- Operating temperature range: -30 to + 60 ° C (-22 ° F to 140 ° F)
- Storage temperature range: -30 °C to + 70 °C (-22 °F to 158 °F)
- Energy consumption: Max. 750 mW
- Maximum operating pressure: 16 bar
Reduce redundancy and complexity. Increase operational efficiency.
The AFGUARD-ready® symbol indicates the ability of systems to provide a signal transfer between the EI 1598 AFGUARD® sensor and a logic controller. The requirements to receive input from a sensor qualified to EI 1598 are derived from JIG Technical Bulletin No. 110 with regard to alert, alarm and data storage function.
Many international manufacturers already offer AFGUARD-ready®-compatible logic controllers.